Tate Wheeler at The Centre in New Richmond offers these tips about staying healthy during the holidays. And he reminds us to hand in those ‘Be Active’ cards starting Saturday:
“Here are a few tips on how you can stay on track this holiday season:
– Too many people put on an extra 5-10 pounds during the holiday season……set a goal for yourself to maintain your current weight through the holidays.
– Watch your portion sizes and use smaller plates at holiday parties or gatherings.
– Eat a healthy snack prior to heading out to a buffet style party.
– Remember that alcoholic beverages contain calories too and they can add up quickly. Remember to moderate your alcohol intake.
– Focus on healthy holiday cooking.
– Plan time for exercise. Daily exercise will assist you in offsetting holiday eating and excess calories.
Remember that the current Be Active Challenge (Card 2) ends on Saturday.
Turn in a full or partially completed card at the Centre anytime between now and Dec. 15 for your chance to win great prizes. Everyone that turns in a completed card will also receive a prize right away.
Be Active Card 3 will come out in January. If you have ideas of activities to include one the next Be Active Card please e-mail them to: email@example.com.”